By default, SBS 2003 shows all Windows XP Professional and Windows 2000/2003 Application Terminal Servers available for users to connect to in the RWW interface. You can stop specific PCs from appearing. This is a popular feature of SBS 2003 that is actually already available, just hidden under the covers. To implement it you will need to add a Registry key to the SBS server:
1. Run Regedit.
2. Navigate down the tree to the following key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\RemoteUserPortal\.
3. From the Edit menu, select New and then String Value.
4. Give the String Value a name of ExcludeList (with no space between the two words).
5. Press Enter.
6. Right click in the newly created entry and select Modify.
7. Add the names of the machines you wish to hide separated by a comma.
Leave a Reply