SMBNation have announced the SMB 150 list. From the total list of over 400 nominations from around the world, they’ve selected via a combination of public vote and a private judging panel, the top 150 SMB influencers and community contributors. Many people ran large “Elect Me/ Vote for me” campaigns, which whilst funny to watch, made me think of the current US election process… not something I’m all that fond of. I blogged about my nomination at the beginning and then at the end reminded people of the closing days via my personal Facebook… I know people that really had fun with it and after a while it became a little wearing to see every post from them about the “vote for me” idea…
I’ve been however very happily surprised to see that the organisers of the SMB 150, have taken the public vote as being only 40% of the entire selection process, with the other 60% being a judging panel of SMB industry that should well know the nominated people and their true influence on the community.
I’m so very honoured to be in the top 150 list and whilst I won’t likely make the award ceremony, will be there in spirit for sure! Congratulations to all the other awardees!
Leave a Reply