I’m using SafeSync to access my company files while I’m on the go and sync them back to my office desktop computer. It’s working pretty well for me for the most part.
For some reason, in the last few days, I’ve been getting “Unable to open file – File format not supported” whenever I attempt to open a file. I did some digging but it appears that I’m the only one so far to get this on my iPad. I could not figure it out initially, but in the end I decided to remove and reinstall it on the iPad.
How do you remove and reinstall an app on the iPad?
- On the iPad, locate the icon of the program you wish to uninstall
- Select and hold the icon until it wiggles.
- Then select the little X on the icon to delete it.
- This will uninstall it from the iPad.
To reinstall the app to the iPad
- Open iTunes and connect the iPad to your desktop computer
- This should allow it to sync.
- Select the iPad device under the devices section on the left hand pane.
- Select the Apps menu from the middle screen and you will find that SafeSync is not selected as per the screen below
- Select SafeSync to reinstall it on the iPad and then select the Apply button from the bottom right of the screen.
- Once the sync with the iPad is complete, you are good to go.
This fixed my problem – really not sure what caused it but the solution was quite simple.