The default installation of SBS2000 uses an internal IP address of 192.168.16.2. If you want to change it later then you need to make a number of alterations within SBS,
1. Change the IP address on the Internal Network card to the new IP address. Whilst here remove any IP addresses for the DNS server and press OK. You will get a warning and it will point it the DNS settings back to itself (127.0.0.1) – note you can not manually enter 127.0.0.1 into this field.
2. Go into the DNS server properties and change the IP address that the DNS server will listen on to the new IP address (should be listed)
3. Go into the DHCP Server console and review the DHCP scope – the DHCP scope will reflect the old IP address. You need to create a new DHCP scope which reflects the new IP address and the desired range. You will also need to add a number of scope options for the DHCP clients to work effectively. Options that need to be added include the following;
003 Router = New IP address of the server
006 DNS Server = New IP address of the server
044 WINS/NBNS Servers = New IP address of the server
046 WINS/NBNS Node Type = New IP address of the server
4. Run the Internet Connection Wizard and ensure that in thelocations where the old IP addres was are set to the new IP address.
5. If you have setup RRAS for VPN or remote access then you may need to alter any custom settings for the IP addresses given out to.
No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing, therefore he/she wishes to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.