Windows Foundation Server 2008 has the same functionality as the full Windows Server 2008 product range except for the following limitations
- A single physical CPU – it will ignore any additional CPUs.
- 8GB RAM – it will ignore any additional RAM.
- 15 User CALs (inbuilt) – you will get a warning message on the console above this number of users.
- 50 RRAS connections.
- 10 IAS connections.
- 50 Remote Desktop or Terminal Services connections
- Cannot be virtualised.
- Cannot be used as a Hyper-V Host.
- Cannot be used as a Domain Controller where there are more than 15 accounts in the domain.
- Cannot be used as a Domain Controller where there are trust relationships in place.
Failure to comply with the above limitations may result in the server shutting down of its’ own.