I helped a reseller with this problem in the last few days. Somehow someone had deleted the /remote node in the IIS manager on SBS 2008. This resulted in the entire Remote Web Workplace not working at all. The fix is quite simple really and whilst I had not seen the problem before I was fairly confident that I could resolve it.
On the SBS 2008 server logon as the network administrator.
- Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Servers (IIS) Manager
- Expand the node named SERVERNAME (where the servername is the name of your server)
- Expand the Sites node
- Expand the SBS Web Applications node
- Right click on the SBS Web Applications node and select Add Application
- In the Add Application dialog box enter Remote into the Alias field
- In the Physical Path field enter “C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Bin\webapp\Remote”
- Verify that the Application pool field is “SBS Web Applications application pool” – it should be this by default.
- Select OK
Then test Remote Web Workplace to see that it’s all working fine.